Avalon 4.0.6 for MacIntosh OS X
- Mac OS X.2 or higher
- An internet connection
- A play.net account
Download it now!
This file is a .dmg file, which means "disk image." To install,
double click on the file and
Mac OS X will open it and mount the file as a disk.
Drag-and-drop the application file to whatever directory
you wish to run it from.
• Completely customize the interface of
the program. With OS X, it's possible to use Alpha transparency
to add a unique touch to the graphics.
• Quick swap sign-on for any
accounts and passwords; switch
between accounts in two clicks.
• 16.4 million colors for highlight
strings rather than 16.
• Trigger and play sounds when text
• Squelch and Replace text rather
than just blocking it out.
• Replace and Send allows
commands to be abbreviated. (example: 201 rat becomes
prep 201 and cast
• Chain macros by leaving reminders
in the command line for the next macro to use.
• Logging 2.0 allows the user to define which
windows get logged.
Logs retain and store all highlights and coloring.
black on white logs!
• Plug-in system allows you to
expand and modify the program infinitely.
• Command history stores and recalls
commands between sessions.
• Command line has built-in spell
checking which can be turned
on and off.
• Customize both the key to
activate Rest mode along with
which command Rest mode sends to the game.
• Infinite recall. All windows can be scrolled
back to the moment of login.
• Find command allows you to
quickly search through the
main window to find a particular moment or phrase.
Improvements for 4.0
A ground up rewrite of Avalon
and graphics loading
Redesign of the Plugin protocol
allowing for easier access to player status
a lot of bugs related to macros, highlights,
and the user interface
Issue with Roundtime
in all games should be resolved.
Fixes for 4.0
- Improved the way the Directions palette loads its graphics.
- More importantly, the Directions palette now parses its
data in a much more efficient manner than before.
- Eliminated a small but lasting bug in the directions
- Improved graphics loading for Injuries
- Improved information processing for Injuries and scars.
- Related to palettes, I fixed the problem where clicking
on a palette might not initiate dragging.
- Improved parsing of health and mana text.
- Fixed all the nagging bugs with the hands palette such
as text placement, sizing, and disappearing (I hope).
- Fixed a bug where poison/disease indicators would break
down if a player had 2 poisons or diseases going at once.
- Fixed some memory leak bugs with loading graphics.
- Made the mana timer a bit more efficient in memory useage.
- Fixed a bug where the dock menu would not update if the
player signed off.
- Fixed a memory leak in the dock menu.
- Updated the login process to support the StormFront XML
stream if someone eventually writes a plugin.
- Fixed the problem with macros that ended up with spaces
at the beginning throwing things off.
- Fixed a error when trying to use Command/Option/Control-Enter
with a empty command history.
- Made the command line like the OS 9 version where any
keydown will activate and focus the command line.
- GS players will now see an indication if their thought
was a private one or not.
- All windows now snap to the nearest 4th pixel. This is
a change from the previous edition which just snapped to
the nearest 15th pixel along the x axis only. It's a bit
more useable this way.
- Fixed a bug with Squelches. Word boundaries will now
replace an entire word with another entire word (It was
removing the space between words, previously).
- Fixed some amusing things with the RESYNC verb.
- Fixed Replace and Send targets which contained '\n' operators.
They would cause history to remember the command as 'cmd1\ncmd2'
instead of as two seperate commands of 'cmd1' and 'cmd2'.
- Replaced the Fonts and Colors system entirely. Resolved
the issue with changing the background color after gameplay
had started. Also fixed the problem where the first line
would always be white on black instead of the user's preference.
- Improved the way Avalon parses out whispers and speech.
Also weeded out some issues with thoughts and the way the
new parser highlights text.
- If squelches return a blank line (""), you
should no longer see new command markers show up.
- All the highlights now precache things like search options
and search strings.
- Double checked to make sure case sensitive searchs were,
in fact, case sensitive.
- Improved GM tools.
- The command line shouldn't lose focus anymore while playing
- Fixed a load of memory leaks that occurred when changing
characters via the character manager.
- Fixed a small bug with swapping the command line from
scrolling to wrapping.
- One mana pulse protection should actually work now. Previously,
it only worked if you lost one mana instead of gained one.
- Fixed an issue with GM windows.
- Fixed some memory leaks with plugins.
- There's now a preference for the command history to not
remember repeated series of commands for those of us who
love to spam 'stance defensive'. =P
- Placed some text in the macro window indicating the various
options that can be included in macros.
- Rewrote the status palette's graphics function to make
it less of an eyesore.
- Fixed a bug that was causing only one plugin to load
at a time.
- Implemented Global Highlights for those who requested
- Fixed a bug with the character manager showing the new
Global Highlights as a character profile.
- Fixed a bug that would cause none of the graphics to
load properly if you're hard disk had a case sensitive
- Strengthened the function to encrypt login passwords.
This will require deletion of "Simutronics Account
- If a command has '+' in front if it, send and replace
will ignore the command.
- Avalon will now save changes prior to changing character
profiles via the character manager.
- Did some extensive testing to fix the RT palette which
seems to work fine now.
- Fixed a glitch with startup and the RT and Health palettes
drawing partial characters.
- Hopefully fixed the stop scrolling bug for users in 10.4
- The game and character tables now receive focus when
logging in, allowing for key navigation when selecting
- Windows should behave better when clicking on a window
in a different application then clicking back into Avalon.
- Fixed several bugs relating to Plugins and player status.
- Fixed a typo in the graphics loading library for Modus
- Fixed the InfoPlist file.
- Fixed bugs related to prompts and changing the background
- Fixed a bug preventing users from changing font sizes.
- Removed restrictions on maximum sizes for auxilliary
- Timestamps are now wrapped in braces to help distinguish
themselves from the game text.
- Reoraganized the graphics processor slightly to help
- Status prompt now indicates if the player is in RT.
- The status prompt will now show up in the correct font
- Fixed a bug related to the status prompt not updating
- Fixed several bugs related to the command history when
a previous history didn't exist or you tried to load up
a Default profile.
- Fixed a bug where the fonts for several windows were
being reversed due to previous changes.
- Word boundary for Highlights is a bit more robust. For
example, a highlight for 'rat' with 'Word Boundary' enabled
will now match '(rat)', ' rat!', '-rat-', etc. It will
not, however, match 'Ratbert' or 'Brats'. Note: This is
for color Highlights only. Squelches, Send and Replace,
and Sounds don't support advanced word boundary checking.
- Fixed a bug where macros broke when exiting Resting mode.
- Fixed a related bug to macros where resting allowed the
user to type into any auxilliary window.
- Fixed a bug where text would always default to the main
instead of auxilliary windows if you turned off your monitor
or hid Avalon.
- The Hands palette will now be ordered forward when the
application becomes active/unhides like the other windows
- Fixed a bug with GM tools and sending certain commands.
- Character speech highlights will be evaluated before
personal highlights now.
- Resolved an issue with creating new character profiles
and the main window disappearing.
- Improved the way the prompt is handled to avoid font
- Fixed a issue with GM tools and the command line.
- There are now two versions of Avalon: one for 10.2 and
one for 10.4 users. This was done to prevent issues with
Download it now!
This file is a .dmg file, which means "disk image." To install, double
click on the file and Mac OS X will open it and mount the file as a disk. Drag-and-drop
the application file to whatever directory
you wish to run it from.