||eScape Java Client
INFO · ABOUT·
NOTES · FORUM
The eScape interface is the next step in the evolution of online roleplaying
games. It features nearly all the goodies we already offer our customers in
the Wizard FrontEnd, plus
the convenience of being able to play with no download required. You
play the game right in your browser.
How did we do it? Magic! Well, maybe not magic. eScape is implemented
by taking advantage of all the tools the MicroSoft IE browser offers.
Which brings us to the system requirements. eScape requires an
Internet Explorer 5.0
(or better) browser on a Windows platform to use. For those of you who don't
have that, never fear! There are many more options available to you, including
our Wizard FrontEnd for both
Macs and Windows
machines, and our Java FrontEnd (which requires a Java-enabled browser).
eScape was developed by Simutronics employees for Simutronics
games. We've thought long and hard about the features we've put into it, and
we're sure you'll love it!
Some of the features include:
- No download!
- Special game-specific panels (health, weather, time, spells, etc.)
- Logging of game windows in HTML
- Settings saved on the server -- anywhere you go, your game settings are
- In-line artwork by talented artists. No more art PAKs to download and install!
- Customizable font sizes, colors, and types.
- Powerful text highlighting system
- Singular and combination macro keys
- Multiple windows to filter input
- Hands inventory and status indicators
- Sounds, music, and much much more!
Version notes, the official eScape FAQ, and other information can be found