Simutronics Game Launcher Download
For Windows 3.1
The Simutronics game launcher program lets you launch the Wizard Front End from our
website and updates automatically when new versions of the software are available! Once
you have downloaded and installed this application, all other game downloads and
version updates will be handled automatically every time you go
to play a Simutronics game.
Download and Install
Please Note: If you are using
anything from Win 95 onward
you need to download the
Windows 95+ Launcher instead!
Important! After this download, you must close your browser
before installing the software. Failure to do so may cause errors when
trying to use the Wizard Front End.
Information for Netscape "Unknown Application" Errors
There is a known bug with some versions of Netscape where the launcher does
not register itself with the browser when the launcher is installed. You will
see an error message mentioning an "unknown application type." To
fix this error, follow the instructions below:
- On the menu bar of the browser, select OPTIONS.
- Select GENERAL PREFERENCES.
- Select the tab for HELPERS.
- Click on the button CREATE NEW TYPES.
- For MIME TYPE, type in the word application
- For MIME SUBTYPE, type in the following, x-simutronics-auto-launch.
- Click OK.
- Ensure the the helper you just added is highlighted in the upper portion
of the HELPER tab. (click on it to highlight)
- In the lower portion of the tab, click on the white dot next to "Launch
- Below that, click on the BROWSE button and locate the application. The launcher
application is named Launcher.exe if you are using Windows 95 and Launch16.exe
if you are using Windows 3.1. It should be located in the Simu directory,
though it may be elsewhere depending on where you chose to download it to.
When you have found the launcher, highlight it and click OPEN.
- Click OK on the HELPER tab.