The GemStone IV MAC OS X game client, Avalon, has recently been updated with some cool new features.
Version 4.1.5 Features:
- Optimized socket reading routines. Avalon should be much more responsive now when receiving large amounts of text.
- Added a preference setting to toggle the snapping of normal window position while dragging. This preference is DISABLED by default.
- Fixed a bug where entries in the Names list could cause text to be thrown away and not displayed in the Main window.
- Fixed an issue with the vertical scroll position of the Main window snapping to the bottom with any text received from the game.
- Entering a command to the game will snap the vertical scroll position of the Main window to the bottom. Added a check box to the General Preferences window to toggle this behavior.
- Updated spell entries in Magic menu for GemStone IV.
Beta Version 4.2.0--help test out the future version of Avalon!
- Added scripting support: Avalon's scripting engine should be backwards compatible with both Wizard Front End and StormFront scripts. Avalon does NOT currently support scripting commands that manipulate highlight lists. A preference has been added to specify which character indicates a script command, with the default set to "." (a period.)
To download and get more information about the Avalon client, please visit here.