Home NEXT >>
1. I see people with nifty fletchings I can't find or purchase
at the shops. Where can I get me some of 'em?
You can get your very own fletchings from the wilds. All you need
is a fletching razor and the ability to kill everything in sight.
After you kill the creature, you skin it. If the creature's skin
can be fletched, you CUT WITH MY RAZOR.
2. Neat. So what are the creatures available for me to fletch
Currently, cockatrice, snowy cockatrice, plumed cockatrice, blood
eagles, black-winged daggerbeaks, colossus vultures, dreadnought
raptors, storm griffins, and the raven feather from the Ravenswood
3. Um, why aren't my arrows bundling?
You can only bundle identical items and since there's a lot of
variables in fletching, that's the reason. It could be one of the
many factors such as using different material, breakage, description,
4. How come I can fail on some steps and some not?
There are 4 "checkpoints" for arrows (3 for bolts) where
there's a chance of you either gaining a rank, failing, or progressing
onto the next step. Only the latter two are mutually exclusive,
5. Rank? What's a rank?
You gain a rank everytime you see the "That was a little easier.
Perhaps you are growing more skillful?" messaging.
6. How many ranks are there in total?
500 ranks to master fletching. However, it is possible to gain
ranks a little bit faster or slower depending on your intelligence
7. Is there anyway I can find out how many ranks I have?
Yes, the in-game command ARTISAN SKILLS now gives
you the exact number of ranks you have achieved with that character.
8. I noticed there's different messaging on the last step. What's
up with that?
This is one of the methods to help you keep track of how many ranks
you have if you didn't count at the beginning or have no idea of
how many you have. It shows you the quality of what your arrows
9. Do you have the list of the qualities?
Why, yes! I do, heh. Not necessarily in this order since it's a
guess so far... barely serviceable, crude, rough, average, decent,
very serviceable, relatively sharp, extremely sharp and perfect.
10. So what's the benefit of fletching your own arrows?
Self gratification? Heh, just kidding. At nearing master, your
arrows should gain a natural bonus of +5. Also the breakage on it
should be better than store sold arrows.
11. I SUCK! Help Me Please!
You'll get decent at about 250 ranks, don't worry about it. Everyone
stinks at the beginning.
12. Why don't my fletchings and crests/painting both show up?
The cresting overwrites the fletching or else you'd have an arrow
two lines long. What an eyesore.
13. Are cutting the shaft and whittling the point considered
two different skills like forging with crafting and forging?
No, you master at the total of 500... regardless of which step
you got a rank on.
14. I heard of another type of material I can for shafts. Is
Yes, you can get bone shafts from certain creatures in the game.
Bone golems and skeletal giants are among few.
15. Can the +5 bonus from the arrows I made from fletching add
up to be more than the +50 limit when I shoot it with an enchanted
Nope. The limit is still set at +50 when you shoot it.
16. How do we know if we mastered?
To quote Taelrand, "You'll know when ya do."
17. Is it possible to make average arrows at a higher skill
Yep. There's a chance to make an average one, no matter your skill
level, until you pass a certain number of ranks. You'll either make
an average one, or one that represents your skill level. And that
stops after you reach a certain point too.
Got more questions? E-mail me at Nephrenia@play.net
and I'll put up your question along with the answer. Chances are
if you asked it, everyone else is wondering too.