Netscape Communicator 4.01 Tip Sheet
If after installing the Simutronics Launcher you click on Play and get an error
You have started to download a file of type application/x-simutronics-auto-launch
Click "More Info" to learn how to extend Navigator's capabilities.
...then you need to follow these steps to set up the launcher application manually!
- When you recieve the above dialog box, click "Pick App..."
You should see a dialog box similar to this:
- Click the Browse button. You should see a dialog similar to this:
- You must find and select the game launcher file (it will be named LAUNCHER.EXE
or something that starts with LAUNCH and ends with .EXE)
which you installed previously. The default directory will be C:\Program
Files\SIMU or something similar, depending on what version of Windows
you're running. Once located, click on LAUNCHER.EXE to select it
and click the OK button.
- You should see a dialog similar to the one below:
- Click the OK button. You may get an additional dialog box
at this point that looks like this:
- Select the option to "Open it" and deselect the
option to "Always ask before opening this type of file."
Click the OK button.
- At this point, the setup process is complete and the launcher program will
BACK TO THE WEBFAQ