The New Justice System has been released!
The major highlights:
- All guilds can escape from guards and learn escaping while doing so. Crossing and Riverhaven are especially newbie friendly in this regard.
- Crimes are not based on charges but fines now, so fines will directly relate to the crime. This means no more multi-plat fines from stealing charcoal, but also no potential for copper fines stealing the giant platinum necklace.
- Guards are a bit more aggressive overall, especially against repeat offenders.
- It's possible to plead (and be found) innocent of crimes. It's also possible to plead guilty and lessen your fine.
- Surrendering to guards is meaningful now.
- ACCUSE (player) THIEVERY should now be done at a guard, not at the guardhouse. This will return all money stolen from you by that player (assuming you caught them!) and the player will be charged and fined a debt of what they stole from you. This will remove your consent (and the accused player does not get consent), but it makes for a much nicer option than before for accusing.
There's a lot more, but you should play with it and find out!
If there are any shops that aren't stealable from that should be, or any other trouble, be sure to post. Enjoy!!